https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-896796
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-896806
Haifa court orders 11 Gaza flotilla boats from Oct. '25 fleet transferred to state ownership
Boats were on their way to violate Israel’s maritime blockade of the Gaza Strip
Senior Judge Ron Sokol ruled that the state may confiscate the 11 vessels, which were among dozens of boats seized by the navy on October 1-2 and October 8, 2025, while, according to the court, they were on their way to violate Israel’s maritime blockade of the Gaza Strip. The state filed its confiscation request on November 9, 2025, under the 1864 Naval Prize Act and wartime regulations governing admiralty proceedings.
The state argued that the owners of the 11 boats did not respond to the confiscation request for roughly six months.
According to the decision, formal notice was served to the owners of two vessels, Saad Umm and Alaa Al Najjar, but no response was filed. For the other vessels, the state said it could not complete formal service: French authorities did not provide ownership details for several boats; two vessels were owned by Libyan owners who could not be served; and the owner of Soul of My Soul, which bore an Italian flag, could not be located despite attempts to find an address.
Sokol accepted the state’s position, writing that although formal service was not completed for all the boats, there was “no doubt” the owners knew the vessels had been seized, both because of the public attention surrounding the seizure and because the boats had been held by the state for more than six months.
“The owners’ disregard of the confiscation proceedings for such a long period indicates that they do not object to the confiscation request,” Sokol wrote.
State must turn to the court without delay after seizing a vessel
The court said that under maritime prize law, the state must turn to the court without delay after seizing a vessel, so the court can decide what should be done with it. Since many months had passed since the seizure, Sokol wrote, the appropriate order was to confiscate the boats and transfer them to state ownership.
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-896796
Flotilla activists detained at Ashdod Port after Israeli Navy intercepts Gaza-bound vessels
“All 430 activists have been transferred to Israeli vessels and are making their way to Israel, where they will be able to meet with their consular representatives,” the Israeli Foreign Ministry said.
Hundreds of pro-Palestinian flotilla activists were brought to Ashdod Port after the Israeli Navy intercepted Gaza-bound vessels attempting to breach Israel’s naval blockade, Adalah - The Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel said Wednesday.
According to Adalah, attorneys from the organization, alongside volunteer lawyers, were allowed into Ashdod Port to hold legal consultations with the detained participants, who had been aboard vessels affiliated with the Freedom Flotilla Coalition and the Global Sumud Flotilla.
The group said the activists included international solidarity activists, human rights defenders, and medical volunteers who had set sail toward Gaza to deliver humanitarian aid and challenge the blockade.
Later in the day, National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir humiliated the activists being held by Israeli authorities.
In videos put out by his office, he was seen waving a massive Israeli flag and telling the room of activists, blindfolded and bent over, “Welcome to Israel, we are in charge here.” A later snippet shows the activists all lying on the ground as Hatikvah plays on loudspeakers.
“They came with such pride; look at them now, not brave at all,” said the national security minister.
He called on Netanyahu to imprison them with terrorists, saying that “that is how it should be.”
All 50 boats had been intercepted in the eastern Mediterranean, with 428 participants from more than 40 countries detained.
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-896806
















