Monday 18 September 2023

Trump: It was my decision to try to overturn the rigged 2020 election. Because I won.

Trump says 'it was my decision' to attempt to overturn the 2020 election and insists he wasn't acting based on lawyer advice

  • Donald Trump took ownership for his actions following the 2020 election
  • 'It was my decision. But I listened to some people,' he said in a Sunday interview 
  • Ex-President also said he doesn't lose sleep over the idea of going to jail, claiming: 'I don't even think about it'
Donald Trump says it was his call to take actions to try and reverse the 2020 presidential election results.

Trump told new Meet the Press host Kristen Welker that he was the one driving the efforts to reverse his reelection loss.

'We have many people, and it's my choice,' Trump said.

 'It was my decision. But I listened to some people.'

Trump sat down with NBC News host Kristen Welker for a wide-ranging interview that aired on Meet the Press Sunday morning

Trump sat down with NBC News host Kristen Welker for a wide-ranging interview

Trump said that there were some administration officials and campaign lawyers telling him he lost the election and to accept that, but he ignored their input, saying he 'didn't respect them.'

He said he hadn't known they were 'Republicans in Name Only' when he brought them on.

'They turned out to be RINOs, or they turned out to be not so good. I didn't respect them,' he said. 'But I did respect others. I respected many others that said the election was rigged.'

He said those he hired who turned out to be RINOs were turncoats.

Trump is running to retake his spot in the Oval Office. The ex-President is polling far beyond the rest of the GOP presidential field.

'I say I won the 2020 election.'

He said his legal situation doesn't have him concerned with ending up behind bars.

'I don't even think about it,' the President said when Welker asked if he is kept up at night with thoughts of going to prison.

'I'm built a little differently I guess, because I have had people come up to me and say, 'How do you do it, sir? How do you do it?' I don't even think about it,' he said.

'When you say, do I lose sleep? I sleep,' Trump said later in the interview, 'I sleep. Because I truly feel that, in the end, we're going to win.'

Trump is leaning toward picking a woman as his running mate in 2024.

The President said he is considering South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem, 51, as a running mate.

'I think she's fantastic, she's been a great governor.'


No comments:

Post a Comment