Thursday 29 July 2021

AOC Tells CNN She Thought Trump Supporters Were Going To Rape Her In The Capitol On Jan. 6

 https://nationalfile.com/aoc-tells-cnn-she-thought-trump-supporters-were-going-to-rape-her-in-the-capitol-on-jan-6/


"That attack on the Capitol, you know, white supremacy and patriarchy are very linked in a lot of ways. There’s a lot of sexualizing of that violence."





In a leaked CNN interview that was published by Project Veritas, this week Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) says that she thought she was going to be raped by election integrity protesters at the Capitol on Jan. 6 – even though she was nowhere near the Capitol building – because “white supremacy and patriarchy are very linked in a lot of ways” and “There’s a lot of sexualizing of that violence.”

“For a lot of [sexual assault] survivors across the country, the decision to come forward oftentimes does not feel like a conscious one,” Ocasio-Cortez told CNN’S Dana Bash in the leaked tape. “That impact was doubled that day because of the misogyny and the racism that was so deeply rooted and animated — that attack on the Capitol, you know, white supremacy and patriarchy are very linked in a lot of ways. There’s a lot of sexualizing of that violence.”

Ocasio-Cortez went to declare, “And I didn’t think that I was just going to be killed. I thought other things were going to happen to me as well,’ prompting Bash to interject, “It sounds like what you’re didn’t only think that you were going to die, you thought you were going to be raped.”

“Yeah,” Ocasio-Cortez stated. The elected official went on to to state that the biggest misconception that people have about her is “Just — thinking that I’m rash, unintelligent, and that I intend to do harm. I think that particularly the misperception that I’m here to do harm to our country, it’s unfortunate.”

Ocasio-Cortez went on to repeat her claim that she is “a survivor of sexual assault,” adding that “I haven’t told many people that in my life” even though she previously repeated the same claim during an Instagram livestream to her 8.7 million followers. The Democrat rep. had also stated, “I am at a full ten, fight or flight, thought I was going to die, like, ten minutes ago, then thought I was going to die again because I have to tell you when I was banging on this door, I had thought that … the building had been breached and there were people walking the hallways.”

No comments:

Post a Comment