Tuesday 10 December 2019

Recipes - Loaded tomato soup

Loaded tomato soup

A simple soup, garnished to perfection.

  • Yield: Serves 4-6
  • Prep time: 10 minutes
  • Cook time: 5 minutes
Tomato soup is comfort food at its best! Whether you are dipping a grilled cheese sandwich in it, or just trying to stay warm, nothing beats it. I personally love how versatile the soup is.

I am always experimenting with how I can garnish my tomato soup. Some of my favorites include homemade croutons and fresh pesto. Pasta is another favorite.

That was the inspiration for this recipe.

I love gnocchi, but a heaping bowl of it is sometimes too much. That is, if I want to get anything done afterward. It usually leaves me in a comatose state. This recipe allows me to indulge a bit without the post-meal nap.

Ingredients

  • 32 ounces tomato soup
  • 1 cup gnocchi
  • 1/4 cup basil pesto
  • Black pepper 
Gnocchi is a potato-based dumpling that works perfectly in this tomato soup. (Photo: Jerry James Stone)


Directions

OK, so you probably aren't going to cook just 1 cup of gnocchi. Make the whole package per the instructions. Remember, when cooking pasta it is important to salt the water appropriately.

In a medium saucepan, warm the tomato soup over a medium-high heat.

Once the soup is warmed, divide it between your soup bowls and also divide the gnocchi.

Garnish each bowl of soup with a drizzle of pesto and some cracked black pepper. 
A drizzle of pesto and some cracked black pepper finish this dish off. (Photo: Jerry James Stone)


 🌽🍆🍅🍍🍠🍤🍗🧀🍔🍟🍕 🍏🍎🍐🍊Please recommend this page & be sure to follow the Coconut Whisperer which continues the traditions of Cheese the top Food and Recipe channel on Disqus 2017-2019 🌽🍆🍅🍍🍠🍤🍗🧀🍔🍟🍕🍏🍎🍐🍊

No comments:

Post a Comment