Wednesday 26 February 2020

Recipes - KIZ IN THE KITCHEN! - Asian Chicken

Hello lovely people!! :)

It's been a while since I have done a little installment but here I am by popular request (well, Pud asked  lol)

This one is an asian style chicken dish I made.  Probably very similar flavour profiles you're used to, but I wanted to use stuff I had in the freezer and fridge and pantry and it just worked out this way.

It's also slow cooker made, so you can set most of it to just cook itself for most of the day and just add those last minute bibs and bobs you might want to add, 10 or so minutes before you're ready to plate.

With most of my recipes, it's really up to you as to what you want to add or omit.  These however, are the ingredients I have used. ( SERVES 6)

INGREDIENTS

1.5 lbs of Chicken Thighs

1 onion - finely sliced

1 carrot - cut julienne

2 celery stalks - cut on the bias and thinly sliced

1 zucchini - cut julienne

baby corn spears  as many as you want in it.

1/2 cans sliced water chestnuts

1/2 can sliced bamboo shoots

3 cloves garlic - peeled and left whole ( they will melt down during the cooking process so you can smoosh them through the sauce)

a good handful of baby spinach.

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup good soy ( if you want salt reduced, go for it)

chili flakes. ( I was sparing)

1 cup vegetable stock

1 tablespoon water

1 tablespoon cornflour ( corn starch)



METHOD

Pop your slow cooker on low.

Place a little bed of your onions, carrot and celery as a base.

On top of that, lay your chicken.  I did not dice mine up but if you want to, you can.

Add the stock, honey, soy and chili flakes.

Mix through. 


Put the lid on your slow cooker and cook through for 2 or so hours.

Remove the chicken at this point and make a slurry of the water and cornflour/corn starch.

Allow it to thicken and then add the other vegies except for the spinach.

Re add the chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes and then add the spinach and fold through.


Serve with your choice of rice, cauliflower rice or even a noodle of your choice.



That pic is a photo of the first stages of prep.   I have others of the finished and plated pic but, my daughter is yet to upload it to me. :/

Sorry peeps.    As soon as I have it, I will add it.

----

It is Keto and Atkins friendly and can be made vegan if you choose to replace the chicken with tofu, or "quorn" or even good solid king brown mushrooms WHOLE.

I am still working my way around these traps but once I get things sorted, I am hoping to post a recipe at least once a week.

Happy nomming. :D




πŸ…πŸ πŸ€πŸ—πŸ§€ Please recommend this page & be sure to follow the Coconut Whisperer which continues the traditions of Cheese the top Food and Recipe channel on Disqus 2017-2019 πŸ…πŸ πŸ€πŸ—πŸ§€










No comments:

Post a Comment