Thursday 18 August 2022

Bonehead Research, First Prize Winner: Dogs Unable to Remember Who Gave Them Treats?


Giving dogs treats DOESN'T make them like you more: Study shows pooches don't remember generosity


Researchers have discovered that dogs cannot remember incidences of generosity.

Animal behaviourists from the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna in Austria conducted the study.

Details of the study are at the source article:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11120155/Giving-dogs-treats-DOESNT-make-like-dont-remember-generosity.html

readers comments:

What a load of rubbish. I always have treats in my bag, and all the local dogs know it and come running.

Maybe get someone who actually has a dog to do the research

Any living creature learns quickly where its bread is buttered because that is a matter of survival for all.

Then tell me, how are they trained?

Where I walk our dogs, every dog in the area seeing me makes a beeline for me in the certain knowledge I have biscuits, and they won't leave until they have some.

Another expert

Pavlov's dog might disagree..

my wife drives round thailand giving the street dogs treats, they recognise and chase our car as a result.

Thats why training via treats never works... oh, wait...

More nonsense studies for large grants.

I always carry a few dog biscuits when walking the lanes and my dog friends recognise me from 200 metres and run to get their treat.

Every dog i know and have known always remembers who gives them treats

Every dog knows which member of its family is a soft touch.

They do not have watches but come to me on the dot at 5pm to let me know that its time for dinner. 

Anyone with the slightest ounce of intelligence knows that dogs were domesticated from the wild due to sharing the common bond of needing food for survival with their human owners

Woof.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11120155/Giving-dogs-treats-DOESNT-make-like-dont-remember-generosity.html

No comments:

Post a Comment