Sunday 29 September 2019

Escape from Egypt - Vegan says she is ‘traumatized for life’ after eating pork roll

Vegan says she is ‘traumatized for life’ after eating pork roll


By Natalie Musumeci, New York Post , September 27, 2019
Sharleen Ndungu thought she had bought a vegan version of Greggs sausage roll. Twitter/Greggs 

A vegan claims she was served a pork sausage roll she thought was meat-free — and says she’ll be “traumatized for life.”
Sharleen Ndungu, 20, said she broke down in tears and started having heart palpitations once she realized that the vegan sausage roll she ordered from bakery chain Greggs in Kent, England, actually contained meat.
“I haven’t had meat in two years. My belly started hurting and my heart started going crazy,” Ndgungu said, according to Metro UK. “I was panicking because that only happens when I consume meat – this doesn’t happen when I have other food. I’m traumatized for life now – I’m never going to Greggs again.”
Ndungu had returned to the bakery and was offered a $2 refund by the manager.
The unsatisfied woman then called the bakery’s customer service hotline and she was instead offered a $36 voucher, but that too was not good enough for Ndungu who wanted an apology.
‘I was asking for a public apology to make people aware that they should watch out for things like this,” she said. “People can be allergic to pork and potentially die from such a stupid mistake. It’s my choice not to consume meat because it causes cancer. That choice has been taken away from me.”
Ndungu, a YouTuber, had reportedly posted three videos on social media railing about her food experience, KentLive.com reported.
“My body is poisoned for life now, you know,” she said in one of the videos, according to the news outlet.
A spokesman for Greggs told Metro UK: “We have apologized to the customer for this incident. We’ve taken great care to try and prevent this from happening and are investigating to ensure this situation can be avoided in the future.”

This has been an Escape from Egypt moment on the Coconut Whisperer  

🐪🗻 Please recommend this page & be sure to follow the Coconut Whisperer which continues the traditions of the Escape from Egypt channel, the weirdest, wackyest & strangest channel on Disqus 2018-2019🐪🗻



No comments:

Post a Comment